Sunday, February 17, 2013

Passed

I like how I said I'll be posting more. But, I want to make an attempt to. Not because I feel like people (my 0 followers) will be soooo disappointed if I don't update them on my life or because my life is sooo interesting I must keep everyone entertained. No, it's so I can share my thoughts with someone other than the walls in my room or shower. And also, to come back to my thoughts and learned from how I felt and how I dealt with hard times. It's very important to take some time to reflect every now and then. Or at least I think.

We had a mini-quiz, if you will, last week. This is basically is put in place so the first year students can gauge how they're doing. Since we only have one midterm and one final, there's not a lot of room for bombing either exam. Anyways, on the mini-quiz, I made a 20/25. Which isn't amazing, but it's not horrible either. Last year I made a 14/25, so it's definitely improvement. I also found the results of my appeal after an entire week of classes had passed, so I had one less week than the others. In general the quiz was more difficult than last semester. The average was 16/25 compared to the 19/25 from last semester. I walked out not really feeling disappointed but upset because I did everything possible to study. I did the objectives, I did the department questions, I did the only questions from both textbooks, and I did the BRS questions. So yeah, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't do better (I walked in thinking I was going to get at least a 22), but it's not the end of the world...yet.

Midterms are in 3 weeks from today, but luckily all lecture material for biochem will end in 2 weeks. I made a schedule for the next couple of weeks, reviewing all lectures/practice questions at least twice (more than that for some topics that don't seem to stick as easily). I want to utilize the very last week for absolutely any questions/confusions I have. These next two weeks are going to be rough. I hope, just really hope it all works out.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. good luck! Keep at it and have a plan to reward yourself at then end for all the long hours...

    ReplyDelete